Geneall.en is the English website of the Geneall global project which includes five other websites divided by their native languages – Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and Italian – and yet a seventh website gathering genealogical information on countries that do not fall under these categories.
Geneall.en integrates genealogical information concerning mainly the United Kingdom, Ireland and the North America, but also Australia, New Zeland and other English speaking countries.
Geneall.en is a scientific and cultural project, without a commercial purpose.
Its primary sources are:
1. Works published on this matter over the centuries.
2. The result of private investigations of its webmasters, either done in the past or in the future to come.
Many of the individuals in this database have one (or more) balls next to their name, identifying them as descendants of the various kings that were selected as a reference for the correspondent nationality. This principle applies to all different websites. So:
A red ball identifies the descendants of William the Conqueror, king of England;
A yellow ball the descendants of Charlemagne, Holy Roman emperor and king of Italy;
A dark-blue ball the descendants of Hugh Capet, king of France;
A green ball the descendants of Ferdinand the Great, king of Castile and Leon;
A pale-blue ball, the descendants of D. Alfonso Henriquez, the first king of Portugal.
These ascendant lines, common to many English speakers are showed in every page. In the English website the red ball prevails but it is also possible to follow the other balls – easier to do so via the ancestors page – surfing the respective versions, accessible in the small flags in the bar on the bottom of each page.
Thanks to the integration of these several websites in a global project, all the searches are done across the entire universe of records. Bear in mind that the names are written in their native language.
Along with the scientific and formative side of the present work, we hope Geneall mirrors, in its entertaining component, the pleasure we derive from make it.
All the basic genealogical information contained in the websites is available freely to our visitors.
More detailed and specific information is only accessible in the Geneall Plus level.
With it you can access:
• Ancestors trees.
• Information, when available, of the places and dates of birth, marriage and death, with links to geographical maps and Historical chronologies.
• Comprehensive biographical notes and biographies.
• Description of the referred sources.
• A daily calendar including highlights in History and a list of births, marriages and deaths of that day.
• Up-to-date information on the latest births, marriages and deaths.
• A Chronology of World History organized by year.